These days, we spend a huge amount of time online either for business, pleasure, or a combination of the two. In order to gain access to the internet, you need to choose the right Internet Service Provider. However, another important consideration is which web browser you should use. There are various web browser options available these days, making it easier and more convenient for users to find the one that best suits their needs.
Considerations when choosing a web browser
You will need to take a number of factors into consideration when you are choosing which web browser you should use for your internet activities. There was a time when the most commonly used web browser around the world was Internet Explorer. However, a lot has changed over recent years and you can now select from a wide choice of browsers to suit your needs and preferences.
When you are choosing a web browser, some of the things you should look at include:
- Privacy and security levels: More and more people these days want to benefit from enhanced privacy and security when using the internet. There are some web browsers that are designed to provide additional privacy such as the Epic browser or Comodo Dragon. These offer a range of features designed to boost your privacy and security levels such as browsing download trackers and third party cookies.
- Ease of use: You also need to consider how easy and convenient the browser is to use. For instance, look for a user-friendly interface and how quick the browser is. You may also want to consider factors such as how many tabs can be opened at one time or whether the browser allows for data to be synced between different devices.
- What tools does it offer: Different browsers offer different tools and features, so this is something else that you need to consider. You should look at what you will be going online for. For example, you may need a browser for your business in which case the bigger, better-known ones are most likely to offer a wider range of tools. However, if you use the internet just for personal use this won’t be as much of an issue so you can also look at smaller, lesser known browsers.
- Does it come with built-in VPN? The use of VPN or Virtual Private Networks has become more popular amongst those that want increased privacy and greater access to restricted sites. It is therefore worth checking whether the browser comes with an inbuilt VPN facility because that means you won’t have to worry about a separate VPN subscription. One browser that offers an integrated VPN is the Opera browser.
- Memory usage: Another important factor to take into account when looking for a suitable web browser is the memory usage when the browser is open. You should check whether the browser you are considering takes memory away from other processes and reduces your speeds when it is in use for long periods or whether it just runs in the background without impacting on your performance.
All of these considerations will make it easier for you to determine which browser is going to be best suited to your needs and activities.
Some of the popular web browser options
As mentioned previously, Internet Explorer no longer has the monopoly on the market as it once did. There are a number of browsers that are now commonly used, with Google Chrome rising to the top over recent years. Some of the web browsers you can consider include:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- The Epic browser
- SRWare Iron
- The Tor browser
- Comodo Dragon
These are just some of the many web browsers that you can choose from. As you can see, there are both big name browser and lesser known ones available these days. While some people may feel concerned about opting for a browser that is not as well as known as options such as Google Chrome, it is important to remember that they can sometimes offer greater benefits such as higher security and privacy levels.